MXstore’s Own Moto Insider #7
AMA 2014 Outdoor Nationals Round 6 – Red Bud:450 MX:
For the second week running Kenny Roczen took the win this time winning both moto’s for a comfortable win aboard his Red Bull KTM. The past two weeks has seen a whole new level of pace out of Eli Tomac who would finish second overall in front of a frustrated Dungey in third.
Trey Canard remains consistent in fourth while Aussies Chad Reed and Metcalfe took seventh and eighth on their Kawasaki’s. Looking forward to seeing more solid finishes out of Reed before the season finishes!
James Stewart and Josh Grant came together and crashed in moto one while Grant took a sixth place for the day Stewart struggled into seventeenth overall.
450 MX Series Standings:
- 1. Ken Roczen 280pts KTM
- 2. Ryan Dungey 254pts KTM
- 3. Trey Canard 226pts Hon
- 4. James Stewart Jr. 196pts Suz
- 5. Brett Metcalfe 168pts Kaw
- 6. Josh Grant 159pts Yam
- 7. Andrew Short 134pts KTM
- 8. Chad Reed 132pts Kaw
- 9. Weston Peick 131pts Suz
- 10. Malcolm Stewart 120pts Hon
A return to the top step of the podium again this weekend for Yamaha’s Jeremy Martin while team mate Cooper Webb suffered an early crash in moto one finishing fourteenth but took the win in moto two to salvage some championship points.
Improved performances on previous weeks by Marvin Musquin and Jason Anderson claiming second and third places on the podium. The top ten was full of talent with Baggett, Webb, Wilson and Seely all well within the top ten on the day.
250 MX Series Standings:
- 1. Jeremy Martin 250pts Yam
- 2. Cooper Webb 227pts Yam
- 3. Blake Baggett 222pts Kaw
- 4. Justin Bogle 191pts Hon
- 5. Marvin Musquin 181pts KTM
- 6. Christophe Pourcel 176pts Yam
- 7. Jason Anderson 167pts KTM
- 8. Cole Seely 143pts Hon
- 9. Justin Hill 127pts Kaw
- 10. Jessy Nelson 125pts Hon
FIM World MX Championship Round 12, Sweden:
Antonio Cairoli dominated again taking both moto wins over Jeremy Van Horebeek. Clement Desalle and Aussie Dean Ferris both hit the deck in moto 2 and did not finish the race. Dean is riding a Husky after A nasty wrist injury earlier in the year.
MXGP Series Standings:
- 1. Antonio Cairoli 527pts KTM
- 2. Jeremy Van Horebeek 482pts Yam
- 3. Clement Desalle 470pts Suz
- 4. Kevin Strijbos 390pts Suz
- 5. Shaun Simpson 267pts KTM
- 6. Steven Frossard 265pts Kaw
- 7. Max Nagl 237pts Hon
- 8. David Philippaerts 210pts Yam
- 9. Davide Guarneri 207pts TM
- 10. Gautier Paulin 205pts Kaw
The Australian MX nationals had a week off but we will keep you posted on the next round as the series heads north for the remainder of the season.
Matt Moss remains the MX1 leader while Luke Clout leads the MX2 class.
Red Bull X-fighters Round 4, Munich. Germany:
On July 19th the world will witness the first ever freestyle motocross competition held on top of water!
The lake at Munich’s famous Olympic park will host the penultimate round of the Red Bull X-fighters with a course floating on water. 3600 tonnes of dirt will be shaped into a course stretching an overall length of 520m with two gap jumps, four regular jumps, a quarter pipe and super kicker.
The layout of the course is an open loop style with plenty of room to prepare for big tricks so if the weather behaves we can expect all of the biggest tricks to be thrown as the last round proved you need a run full of “best tricks” to be in with a chance at the win. This is going to be insane!
Leave a comment
Let us find it for you… Find it for me!