Michelin Starcross 5 120/90-18 Rear 90/100-21 Front Medium Tyre Set
Michelin 120/90-18 Rear & 90/100-21 Front Starcross 5 Tyre Set
After a three-year testing and development program, Michelin has launched its brand new range of StarCross5 motocross tyres in Australia, listing a number of advantages over the previous Starcross 3 and 4 line-ups, including a lighter casing, increased straight line traction, better handling, and the ability to run higher inflation to reduce the risk of tyre 'pinch' without compromising performance.
The lighter casing is down to a new production technology, with the three-ply nylon design jettisoned in favour of a two-ply polyester construction. Michelin claims the update has not only reduced tyre 'rebound' but lateral rigidity remains unaffected. And the StarCross 5 tyres also require less 'warm-up' compared to their predecessors.
Michelin fully expects the medium tyre to be the biggest seller in Australia, and like the other three versions it features a self-cleaning tread characterised by fine horizontal lines to help release build-up.
- Self-cleaning tread characterised by fine horizontal lines to help release build-up.
- Lighter casing has reduced weight by as much as 15 percent, The most obvious by-product of trimming the 'fat' is less unspring weight, which has palpable benefits in terms of braking, handling and general manoeuvrability.
- Run higher tyre pressures — up to 3psi more than the old Starcross range — without compromising performance.
- Improved traction in a straight line and more progressive handling in corners.
- No ‘running-in’ needed as the flexible casing offers great performance from the starting gate.
- New casing engineered to optimise the size of the contact patch.
- Aggressive front and rear tread patterns offers maximum levels of grip for precise steering and traction, even when racing in very difficult conditions.
- Directional intermediate and side tread blocks ensure good steering response from the front tyre and traction from the rear.
- Central blocks are designed specifically to enhance braking performance and traction on all types of track surfaces. They act like hooks to dig-in and drive the motorcycle forward.
Available in four versions (Hard, Medium, Soft and Sand) Michelin Starcross 5 tyres are designed to give high levels of performance on all types of ground conditions and terrain found in motocross and cross country races.
Buy now, Pay later
Four payments of $62.48
In Stock - Ready to ship!
Don't forget the essentials!
Buy Now, Pay Later! Four interest free payments over 8 weeks!
MORE TIME TO PAY
Afterpay allows you to pay for your order fortnightly over 56 days.
Your order will be shipped instantly, just like a normal order.
SPEND UP TO $1,500
You can use Afterpay for orders between $99 and $1,500.
No interest and no added fees when you pay on time.
To be eligible to use Afterpay you must:
Be an Australian resident, have a debit or credit card & be 18 years of age or over.
How to use Afterpay:
- Add your items to your shopping cart and checkout as normal
- Valid for amounts between $99 and $1,500
- On the checkout page select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done
Not all customers will be able to spend up to $1,500 - each transaction is assessed individually by Afterpay. New Afterpay customers will have the first payment is deducted at checkout, existing will be in 14 days. Funds for the first payment will need to be available on the card at time of checkout. If you wish to return your goods you can choose to receive an exchange, or the Afterpay payment plan can be cancelled before the first payment at no charge. If you fail to make a payment, Afterpay will charge you an initial $10 late fee and an incremental $7 late fee for each week the order is overdue. Visa and MasterCard only, no Amex.
Let us find it for you… Find it for me!