VMX Classic Dirt 14 June 2018
The date was 8th to 10th June 2018 and 454 riders and heaps of enthusiasts descended on the picturesque Green Park, Conondale to celebrate VMX Magazines Classic Dirt 14. Once again hosted by The Sunshine Coast Motor Cycle Club and hailed as the biggest and one of the best vintage and classic dirt bike events in the Southern Hemisphere - we went along to get involved in the fun and soak up the atmosphere.
We love Classic Dirt because it celebrates and cherishes the history of our sport and brings enthusiasts together in the warmest possible way to share their passion, their laughs and their stories. In every corner of the pit area you see the very best in restored vintage and classic machinery, and never far away, an enthusiastic rider that’s only too happy to explain what makes that bike so special.
This year there was a few new, exciting features added to the programme:
- The Spanish Stampede – focussed on the Spanish marques; Bultacos, Montesas and Ossas
- The Honda XR2001983 Raffle organised by the hosts The Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club
- The Postmans Track TT – for registered trail bikes and road licensed riders completing a loop of 50/50 tar road/dirt road around the beautifully scenic local area
- The Legends’ Laps including some of the greats such as Geoff Ballard, Stephen Gall and Anthony Gunter
- Plus all the usual attractions – two MX tracks, vinduro loops (with easy and hard alternatives), Trials sections, short circuit grass track (grass), Show and Shine, Trivia, Trade Displays, Swapmeet
Hope you enjoy the edit as much as we do!
Leave a comment
Let us find it for you… Find it for me!